The black dress is back! It’s a very easy option when you’re in a hurry and it suits your almost every occasion.
When choosing a black dress, don’t be scared of embellished options, feathers or sequins… Try embroideries, asymmetrical cuts, ruffles. You can also play with fabric and texture: Lace, chiffon, leather, or even go a little sheer.
Tip: If your dress is embellished, keep your accessories to a minimum.
Here are 10 ideas how you can accessorize a simple LBD.
1. The sneakers: It transforms your look from elegant to casual and modern in seconds.
2. You can turn any black dress you have in your closet into a day dress when you wear it with flats and a crossbody bag.
3. Add pearls; not the classic ones but the fun and trendy designs!
4. Belt it! Define your waist or keep it on your tights for a more casual look.
5. Have some fun with bold colour shoes, we like the velvet ones! And if you do wear colorful shoes, match them to your eyeliner, lipstick or nail polish… Yes, Rita Ora did it!
6. Wear lace or sheer socks with your sandals.
7. Add bold accessories: Try long earrings, a statement necklace, or a cuff.
8. Tie a scarf or a turban on your hair, we love the ones at Dolce & Gabbana.
9. Tiaras are in and every woman should own it!
10. A long gold necklace tied to the side with an anklet, as seen at Dior in Paris!
Try these accessories with the same black dress, and it will never look boring!